Friday, July 15, 2011

A Song Gone Wrong

If there is only one thing I am certain of it is the simple fact that I love music!  I like a variety of genres and you won't get into my car and hear the same radio station day after day.  I like everything from Glee music, country, rap, pop, broadway music, etc.  The funny thing is that I am not one of those people that can pick up lyrics to a song very easily.  I have friends that can listen to a song once and know the lyrics the second time they hear it.  Me? Not so much.  I was listening to my Glee c.d yesterday while running errands and "Hey Soul Sister" came on.  I found myself questioning the words I was singing.  I heard something about an "untrimmed chest" and I told myself that certainly couldn't be right.  It got my brain thinking about songs that commonly had misheard lyrics or songs that just didn't make any sense.

1.)  The first song that came to my mind was Katy Perry's "Fireworks".  The very first line is "Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?"  Really?  I would love to find one of my readers that has ever felt like a plastic bag.

2.) Alanis Morissette- "You Oughta Know"
 Real Lyric : It's not fair to deny me of the cross I bear that you gave to me...
Misheard Lyric : It's not fair to deny me of the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me...

3.) Chumbawamba-  "Tubthumping"
Real Lyric : Pissing the night away
Misheard Lyric : Piss in the microwave

4.)  Madonna- "Like a Virgin"
Real Lyric : Like a virgin touched for the very first time.
Misheard Lyric : Like a virgin touched for the thirty-first time.  
 
5.)  Manfred Mann's Earth Band- "Blinding by the Light" 
Misheard Lyric: “Wrapped up like a douche, another rumor in the night.” 
Real Lyric: “Revved up like a Deuce, another runner in the night.”
 
Are there any songs that you commonly mishear?  I feel like there are a ton that people commonly sing wrong.  Usually my husband just looks at me and starts laughing.  Certainly I am not alone. :)  So, let's hear it.  What are some songs that get you every time?

Until the next song gone wrong,
XOXO
-Ashley-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment