Sunday, July 24, 2011

DIY

It's time to start the week with another fun DIY project!  This project was inspired by my sister over at Artful Scheming.  She and my mom were able to go to Michael's and learn how to do this project by their fabulous employees.  My sister came to spend the weekend with the hubs and I so we knew a trip to Michael's was a must.  Although we barely spent any time crafting, I did manage to do this project.
Here are the materials you need:
-three wooden frames (.66 cents a piece)
-stencil (.99 cents)
-two colored paints (.49 a piece)
-one brush

 Step 1: Paint the three frames a base color of your choice.  I chose to do white because it matched the decor already in my living room.  Make sure to let it dry a little before moving on to step 2.
 Step 2: Place the stencil over the frame.  Look to see what pattern you would like to make on the frame.  Then use your brush to sponge paint your other color on the frame.
 Step 3: Pull the stencil off the frame and look at your beautiful masterpiece!

This whole craft takes anywhere from 10-15 minutes.  It is super easy and a great added piece to any place.  I think I will make a set for my classroom to make my desk cuter!  You could give these as a gift too!  What a fun and easy craft to do and all for under $5.00!   You can't beat that!
Happy Crafting!
XOXO
-Ashley-

6 comments:

  1. What a creative DIY project! I am absolutely loving it. Just might have to make myself one of these! I am your newest follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are awesome! looks like the designer frames i see all the time in francescas or tj max!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg youre amazing!! I'm so doing this =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a fabulous idea!! Might have to steal this one! lol!

    ReplyDelete