Saturday, January 22, 2011

Morning Ritual

It's been a few days since I have been able to sit down and actually write a blog post.  This week was crazy busy with work, make up school days, trainings, grad. school.  You name it, I had to do it. However there was one thing that stayed consistent this week and didn't change at all!  I had to have my coffee for breakfast (with a healthy banana on the side).  There is a Caribou coffee on my way to work and this week, I needed it every morning.  I have gotten to know the friendly workers who help me every morning to wake up and feel alive!  They are some of the kindest people I have met and they love working their job.  I walk in and they don't even have to ask me what I want.  It is simple...Vanilla Chocolate Mocha, a medium of course.  That's part of consistency for me.  Thank you to the workers of Caribou for always getting my order right and making sure that I start my morning off with a bang.  
Now to part two of consistency this week.  Every morning while I am waiting for the fabulous Barista (sp?)  to make my coffee I find myself looking at their greeting cards.  The cards don't change from day to day, only for each season.  But for some reason I can reread the same cards every morning and they still make me happy.  They carry the Papyrus brand of cards and they are each so unique and always put a smile on my face.  Here are a few of my favorites...



These are just a couple examples of some of their Valentine's cards but, they have birthday, wedding, moving, thank you's...etc. I think even if I didn't get coffee every morning I could still walk in and read the rack of cards that are for sale.  It has become one of my morning rituals.  As I wait for a nice hot coffee, I turn my hectic morning upside down and take five minutes or less to read someone else's fabulous work.  I love it.  
My mom and aunt used to make their own greeting cards and I always found that to be so cute and artsy.  Then I saw that one of my friends from Texas has her own etsy shop for greeting cards that are adorable.  I don't think I have that artistic gift so, for now...I'll keep reading my Papyrus cards and drinking my coffee!
XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Mmm morning coffee sounds fabulous! I miss having a Starbucks so close by...we have a "Kaffee Kiosk" on our base and it's ok, but it takes away too many of my calories for the day. :(
    BTW, thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Papyrus cards! They seem to always have the PERFECT card for every occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is cuttte! glad i stumbled on it! i think youll like my giveaway that goes until tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Papyrus cards! They have them at target and sometimes I find myself browsing the isles even when I don't need to buy any cards at all! lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete