Sunday, January 23, 2011

I love family!

Recently I got the opportunity to go to dinner with my sister and my two cousins.  You are probably wondering...the opportunity?  Well yes, I haven't been able to hang out with my cousins in quite some time.  My aunt has been going through some rough times in her life for the past couple of years and it has really taken a toll on our relationship with my cousins.  In fact, we weren't "allowed" to see them.  This whole mess started back when I was a senior in high school (let's just say...a long time ago) :)  So my cousins, aunt, and uncle really missed out on a lot of important things in my life. (my wedding, graduation, first years teaching, etc.)  
Well, now that my cousin (in the picture below with me) can drive, she reached out to my sister and me.  She decided that she wanted to see us and rekindle the amazing relationship we used to have.  I give her so much credit because my sister and I had simply stopped trying.  We didn't understand why our aunt had forbidden them from seeing us.  So anyways, the four of us all went to dinner recently and had an AMAZING time.

My cousin & I

My cousin & Sister
These aren't the most flattering pictures but, I wanted to share this event.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that we continue to hang out and do things together.  We used to be so close & my sister and I are the only cousins they have.  Love them!
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. So happy that you were able to spend some time with your cousins! I thought Little Fockers was okay....I think I liked the first two a little better!

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice that your cousin reached out to you. I hope you are able to pick up where you left off! The pictures are lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that you got to see your cousins after so long! Seems like a crazy situation!

    ReplyDelete