Monday, June 10, 2013

Obsessed.

It's Monday ya'll!  I used to dislike Monday mornings a lot but now that I am lucky enough to stay home with my little man, I have turned into quite the morning person.  I used to have to wake up at 5:15 to get ready for my fabulous job teaching fourth graders.  I swear most mornings I was not awake getting dressed and once I finally woke up at work, I questioned my ability to pick out clothes.  It's a wonder none of my coworkers ever asked me about my choice of wardrobe or why I was wearing mismatched shoes...friends? Maybe not...Just kidding!  Love my coworkers!

Anyways, I used to be obsessed with....

 A Starbucks Frappucino was my go-to drink on a daily basis for many many years. I thought I HAD to have this wonderful goodness in a plastic cup before I could get my day going.  Of course, I went through some health kicks where I gave up these caramel calories but it never lasted too long.  The only thing that gave me a bit of trouble was the fact that I was paying almost five bucks for one medium sized cup, filled with sugar, whipped cream, and the most perfect caramel drizzle. I now have no paycheck coming in which leads to not wanting to spend hubby's cash on something a bit higher priced that normal.  Perhaps they should consider lowering their prices permanently, not just during random happy hour weeks.

Seeing as how I have the problem I have (which dear Lord isn't a problem at all) I started looking for alternate options.  Let me start by saying I despise McDonald's.  I can't stand their food and I feel like it just adds a pound to each thigh eating it.  I used to have drunken evenings in college and found myself in a car full of sorority sisters driving through the McDonald's in Cullowhee for some paste-nuggets.  Ugh!  I would wake up hating life (hungover AND the idea that I ate that stuff.)  However I put my distaste for the place aside and thought I would try their Frappe's since the commercials claim they are amazing.

Well....

After my first sip, I was INSTANTLY hooked.  These things are AHHH-MAZING!  I can't get enough of them.  Now I know, I know...it's even more sugary goodness but I can't help myself.  Not only does it taste WAY better than Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Caribou Coffee, etc.  it is much cheaper.  I mean I save three dollars for an even bigger sized drink...talk about a deal!  I have limited myself to two a week at the moment because I could literally gain ten pounds in a week just eating these.  Since it is Monday morning...perhaps I should put little man in the car seat and head through the drive-through?!?!  It is a rainy, dreary Monday here in N.C...so the drive through window may see me once again this week.

Now my rant is over.  I think I just needed to justify why I drink these...yikes!  Obsessed much?!?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment